Monday, January 14, 2008

New Warriors TPB

I read the New Warriors TPB this weekend and I have to say I really liked it. For those of you who like "The Order" this might be something you want to pick up. I found Paco Medina's artwork very satisfying. At times I even found myself trying to look up Sofia's skirt in each of the panels. I even found myself attracted to her in a silly cartoon sort of way. The way she was drawn made a special part of my lower region come to life for a few seconds, which from a comic book point of view is HARD to do. I have a good friend, who shall remain nameless, who likes to masterbate to Erin Essurance commercials, so feeling a little swelling in my pants over this character in the comic book, makes me feel as abnormal as him. Is that a good thing, probably not, but I'm on the twelve step program, with pills and injections.

The story is something I shall refrain from ruining, but it centers on the Registration Act and how a group of young super heroes want to abolish it. For those of you who have little background in the Marvel universe, like me, this will be something of a mystery for you. Throughout the book they talk of the "Old" New Warriors who caused the incident at Stamford. The whole superhero community wonders if they are back from the dead, or if this is just a group using their name to garner attention. Either way this is a good read and I recommend it to anyone who is a Marvel fan, and if you liked the Civil War garbage then this is truly written for you. I find it a great stand alone story, but it still references a lot from the pages of Iron Man and anything with the Civil War tag on it, which for the first part of last year, was nearly EVERYTHING from Marvel.

I give this comic 31/2 out of 5 stars.

Michael

No comments: