Wednesday, March 5, 2008

The Passing of a Giant


March 4th was truly a sad day for me. One of my childhood heroes had died. Gary Gygax age 69 died in Wisconsin on Tuesday, he was 69 years old. Along with co-creator David Arneson, Gary Gygax created a gaming system that has changed my life in so many ways.

I am at a loss for words as I write this. I never knew the man in anyway, except for the constant complaints I muttered under my breath as I searched through his rule books for some chart or table he created for EVERY situation.

He will be missed dearly, but mostly I am sadden for the loss of a man that created something so beautiful to generations of gamers and fantasy buffs. It's hard to find me in a serious state and into writing a seriously sad blog, but this has effected me in more ways than I thought it would.

Check out more of my thoughts about this and anything involving role-playing at: Role Playing 101 Feel free to comment or email me about anything you see on this blog. Yes I am pimping my blog on my blog. Sounds strange, well it is, but this blog is about my show, and that blog is about my pastime outside the show. Take a look and tell me what you think.

Gary, you will be missed. Rest in peace my friend, rest in peace.

Michael

No comments: