Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Reason # 3,648 To Avoid eBay At All Costs!




















In case you didn't get the memo, eBay is not what it used to be.  This former shining hub of commerce has devolved into a festering shanty town filled with riff-raff on both sides of the transaction.  It's basically the Mos Eisley of e-selling, and I do my best to stay away from it for fear of contracting cyber hepatitis.

I've got my run of Batman Legegend of the Dark Night "Prey" issues up, because while it's possible to sell comics on Amazon, the lack of ISBNs makes it a little messy, and when I've got something with a little buzz behind it, it is still possible to work a little magic in auction format.

But right now the high bidder on my books bears the handle "texasrimjob".  Now, I'm sure texasrimjob is actually a fine representative of his Lubbock penal community.  But I'm supposed to feel confident about that payment sticking if he wins?

- Ryan

1 comment:

Stephen said...

I would have thought it would be a most smooth transaction, no?

Good luck with it, anyhoo.