Sunday, February 1, 2009

Market Spotlight: Blog Edition

Listen, I'm the only one on planet earth who thinks that Market Spotlight is a good idea. Apparently using your innate interests to pad your bank account in the midst of the worst economic crisis since the 1930s is just too abhorrent and boring for most comic book fans.

And while I'm too stubborn to simply kill it outright, I'm savvy enough to phase my market info out of the audio podcast and plant it here on the blog. So here we go:



Thunderbolts # 129


More Barack Obama nonsense, but certainly short-printed compared to Amazing Spider-Man # 583, which has now gone to a fifth goddamn printing. Obama actually looks more like Obama in this comic, which is nice.

I can't see this or any future Obama tie-ins doing anything long term, that boat has already sailed. But this was doing as much as $37 when it first broke and has settled into the $10 range now. Worth picking up and dumping if you can find it for cover, and I don't see why you couldn't.



X-Factor # 39


I have to admit, I'm a little perplexed about why this hasn't blown up already. But it hasn't. Rather than admit I don't have my finger on the pulse, which is clearly impossible, I'm viewing this as a buying opportunity.

Listen, Peter David kicked some serious posterior with this issue, and is promising even worse with #40 and #41. I'm betting that horse at this point, and that really ought to produce a significant horde chasing earlier issues, most specifically #39. This is still laying around around. Get it.



X-Factor Vol 1 Premiere Hardcover: The Longest Night

I think a very strong secondary play here is to dig up the first Premiere HC on X-Factor. If you listen to the show you know that we dig all the PHCs as long term value plays, but when interest spikes in a property, the book hunters tend to start at the beginning. And this is the beginning.

- Ryan

No comments: